Ricardo Bocanegra: Marbella’s legal expert

bocanegra 1

Even if you have just moved to Marbella – in fact, especially if you have just moved to Marbella – you will have encountered the name of Ricardo Bocanegra.

bocanegra 1Even if you have just moved to Marbella – in fact, especially if you have just moved to Marbella – you will have encountered the name of Ricardo Bocanegra. Take a drive along the city’s iconic Avenida Ricardo Soriano and you will soon notice the sign that adorns the building where Gestoria Bocanegra is located.

With an established reputation as an expert who can be relied upon to steer immigrants through the registration process, we at Estomar91 can thoroughly recommend Gestoria Bocanegra.

OM: You must have noticed a big difference in the type of person choosing to move to Marbella since the early 1980s. What is the profile of a typical settler nowadays?

In the eighties, most immigrants were British middle-class retirees. There were also many Scandinavians, Germans, Belgians and Dutch. Later we saw the arrival of many immigrants from Latin America and the Ukraine, Romania, Poland and Bulgaria. Today we are witnessing the presence of many affluent Russians who have bought a house in Marbella.

OM: Exactly how can Gestoria Bocanegra assist someone thinking of settling on the Costa del Sol?

The first thing we do is to offer advice on how best to meet the residence permit’s legal requirements. That is, to prove one’s income, confirm intention of residence by taking out a mortgage on a property or signing a long-term lease, taking out a Spanish health care policy and opening a bank account. I monitor the process and am in constant contact with the Spanish authorities to remedy any problems that may arise during the permit’s journey through the system.

OM: There have been reports that Marbella is being repackaged as a decidedly upmarket destination. How do you think that this will affect its future?

I am optimistic about Marbella. I know that the future of the city and its area of influence will be splendid, as evidenced by the fact that more and more people are showing an interest in buying a home in Marbella.